Feeling confident in your smile can impact many areas of your life. Meeting new people, laughing with friends and interacting with professional colleagues can all be more positive experiences when you feel great about the appearance of your smile.
At Contemporary Dental Health, we believe everyone deserves to have a healthy, beautiful smile. To learn how we can help you achieve the straight, bright smile of your dreams, please contact us today online or at 503-636-4069 to schedule a consultation with experienced cosmetic dentist Dr. Keith Ogawa. We welcome patients from the Lake Oswego, West Linn and Portland areas of Oregon.
On this page, we discuss a number of topics related to cosmetic dentistry, including:
- What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
- Porcelain Veneers
- Smile Makeover
- Gum Recontouring
- Invisalign Clear Braces
- Porcelain Crowns
- Teeth Whitening
- Dental Bonding
- Tooth-Colored Fillings
- Questions to Ask Your Cosmetic Dentist
- Choosing the Right Cosmetic Dentist
- Your Initial Consultation
- Schedule Your Cosmetic Dental Consultation Today
Cosmetic dentistry involves the combination of art and science to improve the beauty and functionality of your smile. Whether you have missing teeth or suffer from tooth damage, discoloration or other aesthetic issues, cosmetic dentistry can help you look and feel your best.
The causes and extent of dental issues vary for every patient. Dr. Ogawa will perform a comprehensive evaluation to assess the nature of your problem, recommend your ideal solution and explain all of your treatment options. No matter your dental problem, he can help.
“I realize I am changing a life when I change a smile. That is the most gratifying aspect of my work.” - Dr. Keith Ogawa
Porcelain veneers are thin, durable porcelain shells that bond to the front of your natural teeth to hide imperfections and create a spectacular smile. Veneers are an incredibly versatile way to correct a number of dental issues, including:
- Broken teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Discoloration and stains
- Certain spacing issues
- Worn teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Gapped teeth
Dr. Ogawa will fully tailor your veneers to capture the beautiful, natural-looking aesthetic you desire. With proper care, you can enjoy a stunning smile for decades.
More than just a single procedure, a smile makeover involves a variety of cosmetic dentistry procedures designed to improve the appearance of your smile. Because no two patients – or smiles – are the same, your smile makeover will be customized just for you.
Smile makeovers can correct a wide range of cosmetic dental problems, improving the appearance of teeth that are:
- Stained or discolored
- Severely worn
- Unevenly spaced
It’s important to remember that your smile involves more than just your teeth. Depending on your needs, Dr. Ogawa can also correct uneven gum lines and gummy smiles. He will work closely with you to develop a customized treatment plan that addresses all of your specific needs.
If you have uneven gums or too much gum tissue, Dr. Ogawa can help correct your “gummy smile” with advanced gum recontouring treatment. Using state-of-the-art laser technology, your gums can be precisely recontoured, restoring balance to your smile and providing a beautiful, healthy-looking appearance. This safe and comfortable procedure can be completed in just one visit.
If you are interested in orthodontic treatment but want to avoid the discomfort and inconvenience of traditional metal braces, Invisalign may be an ideal solution. Using a series of customized, clear plastic aligners, the Invisalign system discreetly shifts your teeth into optimal position.
There are a number of benefits to choosing Invisalign clear braces, including:
- Appearance: You won’t have to worry about “metal mouth”; the Invisalign system is virtually invisible.
- Comfort: Invisalign’s form-fitting plastic aligners are tailored to the unique contours of your mouth, offering unparalleled comfort.
- Convenience: While they should be worn at least 22 hours a day, the Invisalign aligner trays can be removed at any time, including when you brush your teeth and eat meals. This means that unlike traditional braces, you’ll be able to eat all of your favorite foods throughout the duration of your treatment.
- Customization: Your aligners are customized specifically for you and your unique needs.
- Quick treatment: Compared to conventional braces, Invisalign delivers results in less time.
Invisalign Clear Braces are a great treatment for adults and teens alike, with a discreet method of straightening your teeth!
Porcelain crowns are versatile restorations that cover the entire tooth. They are used to improve the strength, stability and appearance of a tooth that may be:
- Weakened by decay
- Cracked by trauma
- Recently repaired via a root canal procedure
- Supporting a dental bridge
- Replaced with a dental implant
Dental porcelain closely mimics the sheen and luster of natural tooth enamel, making it an ideal restoration option. When dental porcelain is bonded to your tooth, it is durable and resilient.
A bright, white smile can help you make better first impressions and improve your self-confidence in personal interactions. Professional teeth whitening at Contemporary Dental Health offers exceptional results that cannot be attained with standard over-the-counter products.
Not only does professional tooth whitening deliver superior results, the process is also safer than drug store alternatives.
Dental bonding can effectively rebuild, reshape or augment certain parts of a tooth. This treatment can be used to address:
- Chipped teeth
- Small gaps between teeth
- Minor tooth-shape issues
- Teeth requiring temporary restoration while waiting for a veneer or crown
The dental bonding process is quick and simple. In a single visit to our office, Dr. Ogawa can place the bonding material on your tooth and shape it to look attractive and natural. Once the bonding has hardened, your results can last for years.
Dr. Ogawa combines scientific and technical excellence in cosmetic dentistry with his great artistic eye to create your most beautiful smile.
Dental fillings are small dental restorations used to treat cavities. In the past, fillings typically came in the form of metal amalgam. One of the most obvious aspects of metal fillings is that they are easily noticeable. Their stark, dark gray color looks almost black when it’s placed into a tooth and often makes people self-conscious about smiling, laughing and having normal interactions with others.
Unlike gray metal, tooth-colored fillings look completely natural and can be matched to the color of your own tooth enamel. They consist of composite resins and porcelains designed to mimic the look and feel of your natural tooth. You can enjoy oral health and functionality without worrying about exposing metal fillings when you smile.
Beyond the aesthetic benefits, tooth-colored fillings are ideal because they:
- Bond directly to your tooth
- Strengthen and stabilize your decaying tooth
- Do not require the removal of healthy tooth structure
- Have been proven safe and effective through clinical research and scientific studies
When you meet with Dr. Ogawa in your initial consultation, you’ll have the opportunity to discuss your concerns and learn about all of the options available to you. It is also a chance for Dr. Ogawa to learn about you, your goals and the current state of your oral health.
Before your initial consultation, it’s a good idea to prepare by collecting your thoughts around what you would like your treatment to accomplish and compile some questions you would like to ask.
Some examples of common questions include:
- What procedure or treatment would you recommend to accomplish my goals?
- Are there any alternatives to the treatment you recommend?
- May I see before and after images of cases similar to mine?
- How long can I expect my results to last?
- What experience do you have in performing this procedure?
- What training – and ongoing training – have you undergone related to this procedure?
Patient education is a cornerstone of Dr. Ogawa’s approach to dental care. He will take the time to fully explain all of your treatment options and answer all your questions to empower you to make informed decisions about your care.
Your smile is your introduction to the world, and too important to place in the hands of just anyone. With so many dentists to choose from, it may be difficult to know how to find the best dentist in your area.
Why choose Contemporary Dental Health?
- Advanced Training: For his advanced training in cosmetic dentistry, Dr. Ogawa attended the world-renowned Las Vegas Institute for Dental Studies (LVI). He is among just 500 dentists in the world to achieve the distinction of being an LVI fellow. In fact, only a handful of dentists in the world have attended as many LVI classes as Dr. Ogawa.
- State-of-the-art technology: In addition to skill and experience, the ability to provide truly world-class results requires the use of highly-advanced technology. Dr. Ogawa only uses the safest and most effective technologies at Contemporary Dental Health.
- Individualized care: The best results are never achieved with a cookie-cutter approach. From your first visit to our comfortable and friendly office, you will be treated with the respect and personalized attention you deserve.
- Commitment to excellence: Dr. Ogawa provides unparalleled quality in the field of cosmetic and restorative dentistry. During your visit, he can show you before-and-after photos of patients who changed their smiles and their lives by trusting Contemporary Dental Health with their treatment.
Dr. Ogawa starts every consultation with an in-depth conversation with you to truly understand your goals in terms of what kind of smile you want.
The best way to know what procedure, treatment or combination of procedures is best-suited for your unique needs is to schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Ogawa. During this important first visit, he will discuss your goals, your dental history and evaluate the current state of your teeth, gums and oral structure. He will recommend the solution that is ideal for your needs and explain all of your treatment options – including risks and benefits – so that you can make an informed decision. During this time, you can also meet with our patient coordinator to discuss your payment and financing options.
Don’t postpone the smile of your dreams another day. If you are looking for an experienced cosmetic dentist in Lake Oswego, West Linn, Portland or other Oregon community, please schedule your initial cosmetic dental consultation today by calling 503-636-4069. We look forward to meeting you!