If you suffer from a tooth that is damaged or decayed, Dr. Ogawa has a variety of treatment options to appropriately correct your dental issue. In cases where a filling is insufficient but a crown isn’t completely necessary, porcelain inlays and onlays offer an ideal middle ground to fix your problem and restore your tooth’s natural appearance and functionality.
To learn which restorative treatment is right for you, please call Contemporary Dental Health today at 503-636-4069 to schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Ogawa. Our friendly office proudly welcomes patients from throughout Oregon, including Lake Oswego, West Linn, and Portland
What Are Inlays and Onlays?
Porcelain inlays and onlays are custom restorations designed to correct significant areas of tooth decay or replace old, damaged fillings. They are bonded to your tooth to strengthen your surrounding tooth structure and prevent further decay. Inlays and onlays are appropriate for problems in which a dental filling is insufficient to effectively correct the problem and a dental crown is too invasive. While they serve similar overall objectives, inlays and onlays differ in the following ways:
- Inlays fill the part on top of the chewing surface of a tooth, between the cusps.
- Onlays are sometimes referred to as partial crowns because they cap the cusps, or chewing surface, and in some cases, the side of a tooth as well.
Benefits of Porcelain Inlays and Onlays
Dr. Ogawa is an LVI-trained dentist who is committed to helping his patients achieve outstanding results in both form and function. Porcelain inlays and onlays offer a number of advantages that benefit both the functionality of your teeth and the beauty of your smile, including:
- An attractive appearance: Porcelain restorations can be color-matched to blend seamlessly with your natural teeth. They are much more attractive than metal or amalgam alternatives. Porcelain inlays and onlays are also stain-resistant.
- Durability: Porcelain inlays and onlays are remarkably durable and designed to be long-lasting restorations. Once bonded, they add significant strength to your decayed tooth, allowing them to feel and function just like your natural teeth.
- Preserves tooth structure: Inlays and onlays assist in preserving more of your natural tooth structure than other options. Because inlays and onlays don’t require the removal of much tooth enamel for placement, they may also be used as a more conservative alternative to porcelain crowns.
Why Choose Dr. Ogawa?
Dr. Ogawa is a Las Vegas Institute Fellow, extensively trained and experienced in a variety of cosmetic dentistry and neuromuscular dentistry techniques. With 25 years of experience and proven success, he has established a reputation for the highest caliber of quality and patient care.
When choosing a dentist to restore form and function to your smile, it’s important to choose a dentist with skill and experience, but also someone who is compassionate and understanding. Dr. Ogawa cares personally for each of his patients and works to create long-lasting relationships with his valued patients.
We invite you to visit our before and after gallery to see Dr. Ogawa’s results for yourself and schedule a personal consultation.
Contact Contemporary Dental Health Today
To schedule your consultation with Dr. Ogawa, call Contemporary Dental Health today at 503-636-4069. We help patients from Lake Oswego, West Linn, and Portland, Oregon.