If embarrassing stains, chips or other dental flaws are causing you to hide your smile, experienced cosmetic dentist Dr. Keith Ogawa can help you obtain a smile you can be proud of with porcelain veneers. Versatile, durable and stunningly beautiful, porcelain veneers can address a variety of aesthetic imperfections in a single, comprehensive procedure.
To learn more about porcelain veneers and your candidacy for the procedure, please contact Contemporary Dental Health today by completing the form on this page or calling 503-636-4069 to schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Ogawa. Our state-of-the-art office serves the Lake Oswego, West Linn and Portland areas of Oregon.
On this page we discuss:
- What Are Porcelain Veneers?
- What Issues Can Dental Veneers Address?
- Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
- Am I a Good Candidate for Teeth Veneers?
- The Porcelain Veneers Process
- Caring for Your Tooth Veneers
- Schedule Your Porcelain Veneers Consultation Today
Porcelain veneers are thin shells of dental ceramic, bonded to the front surface your existing teeth to conceal a wide range of aesthetic flaws. Although dental veneers can be crafted from resin composite materials, Dr. Ogawa uses porcelain for its unparalleled beauty and stain resistance. Porcelain also matches the appearance of natural, translucent tooth enamel better than other options.
As a highly trained cosmetic dentist with 25 years of exceptional experience, Dr. Ogawa is committed to providing the highest quality of veneers for your restoration.
Dental veneers are used to improve the appearance of an array of cosmetic issues, from minor flaws that affect a single tooth to more severe problems that span multiple teeth. Some of the dental imperfections that Dr. Ogawa can correct with the placement of veneers include:
- Misshapen teeth
- Discolored teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Severely worn teeth
- Cracked or chipped teeth
- Uneven teeth
If you are struggling with one or more of these common cosmetic dental problems, you will be delighted at how well porcelain veneers can improve the appearance of your smile and significantly boost your self-confidence.
Porcelain veneers are aesthetically outstanding, but their radiant beauty isn’t the only benefit of these effective restorations. Porcelain veneers are:
- Versatile: Veneers can be used to conceal multiple tooth problems at once and can serve as effective alternatives to other treatments, such as braces in certain situations.
- Durable: Although they look delicate, porcelain veneers are quite durable and able to function like your natural teeth.
- Resilient: Veneers resist discoloration, stains, scratching and breaking. With proper care, your veneers should remain bright, white and beautiful for a very long time.
- Customized: Whether for one tooth or several teeth, porcelain veneers are fully customized to meet your unique needs and the specific color of your existing or ideal smile.
- Beautiful: Porcelain veneers look like natural, attractive teeth, customized to the whiteness you want, with a lifelike luster.
- Convenient: Porcelain veneers can perfect your smile comfortably, in just a few short weeks.
Not only can porcelain veneers provide beautiful, long-lasting results, they can make a dramatic improvement to your self-image and overall quality of life. When you feel confident in your smile, you share it more often, allowing the real you to shine through in social and professional interactions.
"I realize I am changing a life when I change a smile. That is the most gratifying aspect of my work." -Dr. Keith Ogawa
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your smile, you may already be a great candidate for porcelain veneers. Another benefit of dental veneers is that they are an ideal cosmetic dentistry solution for almost everyone. If you have generally good dental health, strong teeth and healthy gums, veneers may be right for you.
The first step in determining if you are a good candidate for porcelain veneers is to meet personally with Dr. Ogawa in an initial, confidential consultation. During this one-on-one meeting, Dr. Ogawa will assess the state of your oral health, listen to your goals, answer your questions and address your concerns. He will determine your candidacy for veneers and thoroughly explain all of your treatment options. He will discuss various aspects of your veneer treatment, including:
- Your unique aesthetic goals: One of the first things Dr. Ogawa will do is determine which treatment options can best meet your unique goals. By first understanding what you’d like to change about your smile, he can effectively develop a customized treatment plan to help you achieve your goals.
- Your expectations for results: Dental veneers are versatile dental restorations, but it’s important to have a clear understanding of what they can and can’t deliver. Dr. Ogawa will work to set honest expectations of your treatment. For example, teeth veneers may be a good solution to correct teeth that are mildly crooked, but more pronounced misalignment issues may require more extensive treatment, such as Invisalign. If you suffer from severely crooked teeth, Dr. Ogawa may recommend that you visit an orthodontist for more extensive treatment. In every situation, Dr. Ogawa will be honest and straight-forward with you, ensuring every decision made is in the best interest of your safety, satisfaction and dental health.
- How quickly you want to see results: While some dental treatments can take months to achieve the final outcome, tooth veneers provide results quickly. This makes them a great option for patients who would prefer an improved smile in just a few office visits.
- How long you want your results to last: Dental veneers deliver long-lasting results. They are durable, and stain and damage resistant. Although it’s possible that they may need to be replaced at some point, with proper care, you should be able to enjoy your results for decades to come.
While there are certainly a number of advantages to choosing dental veneers, these qualities may or may not be specifically beneficial to you. Dr. Ogawa’s ultimate goal is always to approach your treatment needs in an individualized manner. He works to find solutions that meet your unique goals, expectations, timelines and condition. During your private consultation, he will determine if veneers are right for you and explain all of your treatment options so that you can make an informed decision about your own dental care. Contact Contemporary Dental Health to schedule your visit to our office.
The process to achieving your new smile with porcelain veneers is quick, simple and completed in just a few office visits. Typically, the process to complete your veneers procedure involves the following steps:
- Consultation: In your initial consultation, Dr. Ogawa will discuss your goals, answer your questions and address your concerns. He will assess the state of your oral health and determine if tooth veneers are the right match for your needs. He will explain all of your treatment options, including any alternative procedures that may be appropriate. He will discuss all of your veneer choices, including the color, size, shape and placement of your veneers to ensure you achieve the smile you desire. He will also explain what you can expect during the procedure and how to maintain your results for years to come.
- Preparation: During your first appointment, your teeth will be prepared for the placement of your veneers. Dr. Ogawa will recontour the surface of the identified teeth and make a custom mold of your prepared teeth. This precise representation of your teeth will be used to fabricate your new, customized veneers. During this visit, you will also be fitted with temporary veneers to wear until your final restoration is complete.
- Placement: Your new porcelain veneers will be waiting for you when you arrive for your next visit to Contemporary Dental Health. Dr. Ogawa will remove your temporary veneers and place your final veneers so you can see how they’ll look once they are bonded permanently. Once you seen how your new smile will look and are happy with the appearance of your porcelain veneers, Dr. Ogawa will prepare them for the final bonding. He will clean your teeth surfaces and apply a bonding adhesive to permanently affix your new veneers.
Dr. Ogawa will make sure you are fully informed of what to expect in every step of the veneers process. If you ever have any questions regarding your treatment, he will be happy to help you feel informed and confident.
Dr. Ogawa’s approach is one of precision and perfection, combining his artistic eye with advanced training to create your most beautiful porcelain veneer smile.
Once Dr. Ogawa has placed your porcelain veneers, you will want to take the necessary steps to ensure the longevity of your new gorgeous smile. Fortunately, this will not demand much of an adjustment to your daily oral hygiene routine.
One of the greatest advantages of porcelain veneers is their resistance to stains. However, if they do become stained, the material cannot be whitened. Brush your teeth after every snack and meal to help keep your veneers bright and beautiful. Use a soft-bristled brush to prevent loosening your veneers and avoid harsh toothpastes made with baking soda or other harsh ingredients. These can eventually weaken your veneers and necessitate replacement.
Floss twice a day to prevent buildup of plaque and tartar between your veneers. You can use mouthwash twice a day, but avoid brands with astringent ingredients such as witch hazel or alcohol.
You should also be sure to maintain dental visits with Dr. Ogawa every six months to ensure the well-being of your teeth veneers and overall dental health. With proper care, your veneers will provide you with a dazzling, world-class smile for many years.
If you are unhappy with an aesthetic imperfection in your smile, contact Contemporary Dental Health today at 503-636-4069 to meet with Dr. Ogawa and learn more about porcelain veneers. We happily welcome patients from across Oregon, including Lake Oswego, West Linn and Portland.